The prime minister had a unique opportunity to address Congress.
He spoke of democracy, equality, self-disposition, prudence, common values in the western world. But he managed to show that in the western world there is a Trojan Horse; The Americans understood that Turkey, which does not miss an opportunity, is undermining, to outlaw, to plot;
- He said: "… When hundreds of thousands of refugees arrived en masse in Greece from Asia Minor immediately after the catastrophic First World War…"
There were no refugees after the end of the First World War but after the GENOCIDE by the Turks. She neglects to stress the genocide on the eve of her anniversary. There would be a greater honor in the memory of the slaughtered; He lost, Well, huge opportunity to ask for the recognition of the genocide of the Greeks of Pontus just as it happened with that of the Armenians. He could also mention the second PROSECUTION – GENOCIDE 200.000 Pontians from the Russians to Siberia in 1935-36.
- He said: «…as I said yesterday to President Biden, no one can or will accept a "solution" of two states in Cyprus.
The same goes for all other regional disputes. "
The downward spin continues. Every time Turkey makes a new demand (which is based nowhere but on its aggressive and unacceptable claim) Greece enters the dialogue - even at the level of parallel reports – for an inadmissible claim. Θα μπορούσε να αναφέρει ότι δεν συζητάμε παράνομες και επίβουλες αξιώσεις. Δυστυχώς δεν έγινε καμιά αναφορά στα Βαρώσια που αποτελεί προσβλητική πράξη ακόμη και προς τον ΟΗΕ. Also no reference was made to European law and acquis according to which the unified state entity of Cyprus is fully guaranteed.
The same tragic mistake was repeated in the next sentence using the plural. Greece does not recognize any difference other than the delimitation of the continental shelf – EEZ. The declaration of the EEZ should be made already (is our inalienable unilateral right) and declare to the UN border with Cyprus, in view of the demarcation (which requires negotiation, so we have to create the conditions). Αν οριστεί η ΑΟΖ δια της UNCLOS III καλύπτεται η υφαλοκρηπίδα. Ας όψονται οι ΕΛΙΑΜΕΠάδες και όσοι αποδέχονται την καταστροφική πολιτική του κατευνασμού του γκρίζου λύκου. Thucydides – which he relied on – now she forgot him.
GENOCIDE and CYPRUS should be the peaks of Greek foreign policy.
- He said: "They (Turkish offensive actions) include overflights over Greek islands, which must be stopped immediately. "
Not only over the Greek islands, Mr. Mitsotakis, but also from the territorial waters of which you did not report 12 miles as you have to act in accordance with international law as an inalienable right of every state. At a time when they would once again applaud your reference to international law, Congress would clearly accept that 12 miles.
- He said: "Or I ask you to keep that in mind, when making decisions on the procurement of defense equipment concerning the Eastern Mediterranean. "
No report was made in use of defensive material which becomes extremely aggressive in the hands of the awkward neighbor. Here, too, there should be a clear reference to the violations in the sky and sea by a "friend - ally" country and to the hundreds of landing craft on the Aegean coast..
- He said: "Everywhere you look today, the tide of protectionist sentiment is flowing, in the USA, in GREECE, in Europe, social media polarizes public debate and transforms the public sphere into a modern version of the Tower of Babel, where we speak different languages and listen only to those who share the same views as us. "
What has been said also applies to Portosalte, the Pretender, the Economist, Avtias and the other children who no longer even keep up appearances; We are or are not behind Albania in the free press; That is, "Exesti Klazomenios ugly", Klazomenians are allowed to ugly, if they were surnames, for their abusive nature. The Greek state is doing something about it, which threatens democracy;
- It is particularly important that the country's commitment to democracy was confirmed as well as the statement ""We will not accept aggressive actions that violate our sovereignty and our territorial rights." as long as it is confirmed in practice, if and when Turkey sends a research ship or drilling rig into the Greek EEZ.
- Omission: No reference was made to the offensive attitude towards the "ally" alliance.. It is the only one that has separated its position in relation to the measures against Russia and continues to create problems. Reference could be made to the problems facing Greece due to countermeasures (indicatively: tourism, energy, forest firefighting, Mount Athos, further deterioration of relations between the Orthodox Churches).
If Mr.. Mitsotakis missed the opportunity or scored a goal (achieved the goal: he achieved the goal, say the Americans) time will tell. May he be justified. The data, however, do not look auspicious. The Turks play their hava and the Americans play it… little Americans.
- A fairy tale: A golden page was written in Messolonghi, not only Greek but, of world history. The defenders of Messolonghi who rebelled for "the faith of Christ the saint and the freedom of the homeland" chose freedom from the enslaved life. They did not revolt for supremacy either, nor for the money. They chose the martyrdom exit not only from the city but also from life itself, if this life would continue enslaved, raped, disgraceful. In Azovstal the mercenaries and fascists of the Azov Order proved what. Fascists scared and victims of their delusion. And that's why they did not attempt a heroic exit, but tradition. But they do not even realize it, nor do they teach them in American universities, Mr. Prime Minister.