MONDAY 8 MARCH AT 6pm IN THE CENTRAL SQUARE
"We are breaking the chains of silence, of the holding, of inequality "
We are building a "shield of protection" against violence of any kind against women through our joint action, collectivity, solidarity!
This year's International Women's Day, almost a year since the onset of the pandemic, finds the workers, the self-employed, the unemployed, the female students, all our people face insecurity, the deadlocks created by the collapse of public health systems and the spread of the pandemic in our country and around the world, and together with all the above with the increase of incidents of violence against women in conditions of urban confinement, of social life due to pandemic.
We support with all our might the victims who found the courage to report and reveal new or old incidents of violence against women, even minor children.
The greenhouse for the repulsive incidents of sexual harassment is economic and social pressures and coercion, that bind dreams, the course of a woman, of a young man at work, in education, in sport, in Culture.
We strengthen our "voice":
- For the employer attack. Thousands of women are on suspension, were fired. Other employees work part-time, without a schedule and with the children in their arms.
- For the situation prevailing in hospitals, in Primary Health Care structures, with a public Health system of a disease, understaffed, in which health workers - men and women - fight without the necessary protection measures and equipment.
- For the conversion of workplaces, of Public Transport, of schools in areas of virus spread, due to the lack of necessary protection measures under the responsibility of the state and the employer.
- For debt insecurity, of unpaid bills and with the agony of public housing auctions for the self-employed.
- For the attack on the educational rights of our children, who have been behind the screen of distance learning for so many months, while schools and colleges remain "unsecured".
They will not shut us up with the police and terrorism!
They are preparing new measures for the business groups to take advantage of us more wildly. To work 10 hours on Sundays as well, to "get paid" with a break, without labor, insurance rights, with 200 euro lower salary. They are preparing to strike at union membership, the right to strike, trade union action, the right to demonstrate, active participation and expression with codes of conduct and regulations.
The European Union, Governments do not count our lives. They serve only the interests of business groups. We saw it alive in the pandemic.
We are giving a thunderous response to the employer and state violence with the masses, our fighting games!
- Funding from the state budget for the operation of counseling centers, for the prevention and protection of women from violence through their immediate and full staffing of specialized staff with permanent and stable work. No NGO involvement. Information programs in schools, schools, in places of youth by scientific state bodies.
- Abolition of auctions and seizures for the working-class family. Exemption of workers from debts for electricity, water, rent, phone, internet for the entire duration of the quarantine and for as long as the emergency measures last.
- No salary reduction, no loss of employee income. To pay state and employer. Unemployment benefit for all unemployed without conditions and conditions. Social Security for everyone, exclusively public and mandatory.
- Maternity leave, of childbirth, of childbirth, full-time maternity leave and insurance rights, regardless of employment relationship. Abolition of the completion condition 200 stamps the last 2 years for the granting of maternity allowance and the special maternity protection benefit by OAED.
- Maternity leave allowance for the self-employed two months before and six months after the birth in the amount of the basic salary. Exemption from insurance contributions for one year after childbirth.
- Brave state funding of the public health system with recruitment of permanent medical and nursing staff, with full employment rights. Immediate order of the private Health sector. Mass and free vaccination for all people.
- Take all necessary measures to protect the health and safety of workers in the workplace, protection of the female body, of motherhood. To immediately staff the competent state audit services and to carry out audits in all workplaces. Safe transport of workers by public transport, with thickening of itineraries.
- Permanent and stable work for all and everyone with all insurance and employment rights, with fixed working hours. Repeal of laws promoting "flexible" labor relations and abolition of the Sunday holiday! Not in the permanence of telework. Working parents in teleworking status are entitled to special purpose leave.
- Measures for the safe opening of schools, 15 students per department, mass permanent appointments of teachers, cleaning staff, support staff.
- Take back the unacceptable bill of Kerameos - Chrysochoidis. To open the schools for the spring semester.
We celebrate the historic anniversary of March 8, International Women's Day, which was established before 111 years since the International Conference of Socialist Women.
Its fighting message illuminates in modern conditions our common struggle for equal rights of men and women at work, in the family, in social action.
We claim the life we need based on the possibilities of the 21st century, a life without exploitation and oppression.
We call on the women of Kozani to mobilize on Monday 8 March at 6pm in the Central Square.