Internet fraud tracking in Florina
A case was filed against two (2) natives
He was searched by police officers of the Florina Security Department, Internet fraud case, committed against a 33-year-old foreigner.
Specifically, the 27-10-2020 at noon the 33-year-old complained that he had been deceived, as initially after a telephone communication for the purchase of a car. car via internet (online ad) and after a face-to-face meeting, with two (2) natives, vehicle sellers, a 32-year-old man and a 30-year-old woman, he was convinced and paid them, for life, the amount of money 7.000 euro, however, the vehicle does not fall into his possession.
A criminal case was filed against the aforementioned nationals for fraud, while investigations continue to locate and arrest them at the limits of the highway.
The case file will be submitted to Mr.. Florina Prosecutor of First Instance, while the preliminary investigation is carried out by the Florina Security Department.
On the occasion of this incident, the General Regional Police Directorate of Western Macedonia reminds some useful tips to the citizens to avoid being deceived via the internet:
- Avoid advancing money to private sellers, whom they do not know, even if they disclose their details or their bank account number.
- Be especially cautious when they find ads for the sale of motorcycles at attractive prices, as a "market opportunity".
- In any case, to seek the intersection of the truth of the sale of a vehicle-motorcycle, their technical examination (in an authorized workshop preferably) before the transaction as well as the demonstration of their marketing authorization, in order to, as far as possible, exclusion of a stolen vehicle-motorcycle case.
- Seek meeting scheduling (appointment) for demonstration of the vehicle to be done in busy places and places and not in deserted locations, for security reasons.
- In case they find out that they have fallen victim to cyber fraud, please notify the Police immediately, even in the event of an attempted fraud against them.
It is emphasized that the perpetrators avoid personal presence with the victims, seeking solely telephone communication with them, through various telephone connections or the mediation of third parties, to minimize the risk of their detection and arrest.