In the digitization of more requests to EOPYY, they proceed with the no. 10040/17-03-2021 Joint Ministerial Decision (Government Gazette 1066 / Β / 19-03-2021) the Ministers of State and Digital Governance Mr.. Kyriakos Pierrakakis and Health Mr.. Vassilis Kikilias, the Deputy Minister of Finance Mr.. Theodoros Skylakakis and the Deputy Minister of Digital Government Mr.. George Georgantas.
So, will be submitted electronically, via atomika-aitimata.gov.gr, claims for compensation concerning:
1. costs for the supply of optical items,
2. travel expenses for dialysis sessions and
3. travel expenses for blood transfusions, blood transfusions or bleeds to beneficiaries suffering from Mediterranean anemia, sickle cell disease and other hemoglobinopathies.
In addition, extends to all (children, adolescents and adults) the digital process of submitting individual requests to EOPYY for special education treatments (speech therapy, occupational therapy and psychotherapy). The operation of the platform had started in August 2020 only for protected members, facilitating the daily lives of families with children undergoing these special treatments.
Citizens can send to EOPYY the necessary documents for the above procedures without going to the Service and without waiting in queues. The benefit is maximized especially for those citizens who undergo repeated treatments, therefore they need to periodically repeat the requests to EOPYY. The benefit for the Service itself is also great, which reduces bureaucracy and can control and process requests more quickly and accurately.
The process is designed in a simple and functional way. Those interested enter atomika-aitimata.gov.gr with their Taxisnet codes and AMKA (or the AMKA of the protected member) and submit the application by posting the necessary supporting documents on a case-by-case basis and entering the mobile phone number and a valid and active bank account number (WERE GOING), in which they are the sole beneficiaries or co-beneficiaries. The Service then checks the data and supporting documents and pays the corresponding amounts without any other action of the beneficiaries..
It is pointed out that, in the context of modernization and upgrading of the network and the services provided in the KEP, the above procedures will be performed through the Citizens' Service Centers. In that way, citizens will be able to naturally submit claims for compensation to the KEP, which in turn will send them electronically to EOPYY.
Within the next two months, all the individual requests to EOPYY will be digitized and specifically:
· Compensation for using the services of exclusive nurses, in public hospitals
· Reimbursement of travel expenses for health reasons, outside his place of permanent residence
· Reimbursement of medically assisted reproduction costs to non-contracted private entities
· Reimbursement of expenses for the supply of a wig
· Reimbursement of expenses for the supply of gluten-free special diet products for celiac patients
· Reimbursement of expenses for speech therapies, occupational therapy and psychotherapy (the request does not concern special treatments for children / adolescents and adults)
· Bath therapy and aerotherapy compensation
· Payment of a lump sum financial compensation instead of maternity care, in the case of home birth.