According to the Extraordinary Weather Deterioration Bulletin issued by the National Meteorological Service (ΕΜΥ), μεταβολή θα παρουσιάσει ο καιρός από αύριο Τετάρτη 05 /08/2020 with in places strong storms that will be accompanied by hail and temporarily strong winds .
Άστατος προβλέπεται ο καιρός και για τις επόμενες ήμερες μέχρι το βράδυ του Σαββάτου με βροχές και σποραδικές καταιγίδες κατά τόπους ισχυρές.
Η Δ/νση Πολιτικής Προστασίας έχει ενημερώσει τις αρμόδιες υπηρεσιακά εμπλεκόμενες υπηρεσίες, as well as the Municipalities of the Region, to be on high alert for Civil Protection, in order to deal immediately with the effects of the occurrence of weather phenomena
At the same time, he advises citizens to be especially careful, taking care of take self-protection measures by risks arising from the occurrence of severe weather events.
particularly, in areas where the occurrence of intense is predicted rainfall, storms or gale-force winds:
- Insure items that, if swept away by severe weather, could cause damage or injury.
- Make sure that the gutters and gutters of the houses are not blocked and are operating normally.
- Avoid crossing torrents and streams, on foot or by vehicle, during storms and rainfall, but also for several hours after the end of their event
- Avoid rural work and activities in the sea and coastal areas during severe weather.
- Take immediate precautions during a hailstorm. Take refuge in a building or car and do not leave the safe area, only when they make sure the storm is over. Hail can also be very dangerous for animals.
- Avoid crossing under large trees, under hanging signs and generally from areas, where light objects (e.g. pots, broken windows etc.) may detach and fall to the ground (e.g. under balconies).
Οι πολίτες μπορούν να ενημερώνονται για μέτρα αυτοπροστασίας από έντονα καιρικά φαινόμενα και στην ιστοσελίδα της Περιφέρειας Δυτικής Μακεδονίας, to the email address: www.pdm.gov.gr/politics-prostasia