An extra enhanced Social Tourism program is planned for the season this year as well 2021-2022, based on the model that first came into force last year.
The goal is to repeat in general terms the last year's formula, which led to the release 370.000 voucher Κοινωνικού Τουρισμού.
In this context, on the table is the possible tripling of the fund traditionally available to OAED, as well as the doubling of beneficiaries, who will have the opportunity for cheap holidays even in 5 star hotels.
With a view to strengthening domestic tourism, το υπουργείο Εργασίας και Κοινωνικών Υποθέσεων και ο ΟΑΕΔ εξετάζουν και φέτος πρόγραμμα Κοινωνικού Τουρισμού – «μαμούθ».
It is reminded that traditionally the budget of Social Tourism amounted to 2019 at the level of 10 million euros. Last year it tripled, to reach a level of 30 million euros. Ως εκ τούτου υπερδιπλασιάστηκαν οι δικαιούχοι – ωφελούμενοι του voucher Κοινωνικού Τουρισμού, who surpassed them last year 300.000 against 140.000 the 2019. In fact, if the number of unused checks is added, beneficiaries approach them 400.000.
The financial staff is working on something similar for this season. Την δρομολόγηση ενισχυμένου προγράμματος Κοινωνικού Τουρισμού και για φέτος «φωτογράφισε» ο υπουργός Οικονομικών, Christos Staikouras, presenting the other day to the cabinet the new actions for the restart of the economy.
The 10th speech of Social Tourism
Characteristics of the new program are expected to be the increase of OAED's participation in the cost of accommodation with a corresponding reduction of the participation of the beneficiaries in all hotels.
According to reports, This year 's program is expected to run at the same wavelength as last year, which envisioned six instead of five nights., reduced beneficiary participation and maximum participation amount 11,5 per person per night with breakfast. particularly, last year's program provided:
- Triple the budget of OAED for the social tourism program from 10 million. euros in 30 million. euro.
- More than doubling the beneficiaries of the social tourism program by 140.000 in 300.000.
- Ειδική πρόνοια επιδότησης των ακτοπλοϊκών εισιτηρίων για τους δικαιούχους του προγράμματος. The voucher holder pays 1/3 of price, as the total discount reaches 66% (the remaining 2/3 of the price are equally covered by OAED and the ferry company).
- Increase of OAED participation up to 14% in the cost of accommodation and at the same time reduction up to 20% of the participation of the beneficiaries in all the hotels
- Increase in hotel accommodation subsidy 2-5 star with breakfast.
- Maintaining the special framework for social tourism (10 overnight stays, zero private participation) in the islands of Lesvos, Leros, Samos, Chios and Kos that lift the weight of the refugee and integration for the first time of the prefecture of Evros.
- Increase by 20% of the maximum duration of program nights from 5 in 6 night.
- Reduction of the mandatory availability of beds in the summer and on holidays at 25% against 40%
- Double scoring and full coverage of ferry tickets for the disabled
- The social tourism program 2020-2021 started on August 1st.
- 1 week, 4family member (2 Children 5 + 10 years) on island
- 6 hotel nights 3 star with breakfast
- OAED subsidy = 600 € (2 Double X 50 € Daily X 6 Night)
- Private participation = 96 € (2 Double X 8 € Daily X 6 Night)
- Return ferries (Fare 60 € per person)
- OAED subsidy = 55 € (2 adults X 20 €, 1 child X 15 € + 1 child free)
- Private participation = 55 € (2 adults X 20 €, 1 child X 15 € + 1 child free)
- OAED subsidy = € 655 (81%)
- Private participation = 151 € (19%)
- 5 days, 3family member (child 3 years) in mainland Greece
- 4 hotel nights 4 star with breakfast
- OAED subsidy = 212 € (1 triple X 53 € per day X 4 night)
- Private participation = 68 € (1 triple X 17 € per day X 4 night)
- OAED subsidy = 212 € (76%)
- Private participation = 68 € (24%)
Tourism for everyone
It is recalled that last year the program was launched "Tourism for all" from Ministry of Tourism, which provides subsidized vacations with e-voucher for everyone and with income criteria. The program has been extended for 2021 and vouchers for accommodations and travel agencies issued are normally valid until 31/12/2021.
Beneficiaries of e-vouchers for the program through Tourist Offices are those who were drawn on 31/7/2020. Η πρόσβαση στον αριθμό e-voucher γίνεται μέσω της εφαρμογής www.tourism4all.gov.gr.
Separate social programs – OPEC also offers spa tourism and excursions to insured and retired farmers under the Rural Home Account.
Leave a Reply