The staff of the Ephorate of Antiquities of Kozani cut yesterday, 20-1-2022, the New Year's pie, in the courtyard of the Archaeological Museum of Aiani, proceeding at the same time with a brief account of the work of the Ephorate during 2021, which we are publishing today.
In a nutshell, we mention the following:
- NSRF PROJECTS:
During 2021 EFA Kozani handled two NSRF projects (ΟΧΕ), namely the work of highlighting the settlement of ancient Aiani and the work of conservation – restoration of the Western Tower of the Byzantine Castle of Serbs. The works are in progress.
Alongside: It was included in the NSRF program of the Ministry of Education and Science and the project "The colors of Siatista" is in the process of implementation. This is an educational program for students, with live and digital actions, concerning the mansions of Pulkos and Malioga in Siatista.
A proposal was also made for the participation of the Archaeological Museum of Aiani, with five inscriptions, in an NSRF educational program of the Epigraphic Museum.
Proposals were made for inclusion in various European programs, as in the Recovery Fund. They concern maintenance, restoration, highlighting monuments and entire areas, as well as in the organization of venues for events (Aiani museum, Mansions Gr. Vourka and Poulkos).
Memoranda of cooperation were also prepared for eight NSRF projects of third parties, ie projects with implementing bodies the Municipalities and the Region. Two of them have already been implemented.
- ΕΡΓΑ ΑΠΕ:
Significant staff capacity, 12 individuals, This year, too, he dealt almost exclusively with the RES projects - Renewable energy sources - photovoltaic and wind farms. They include autopsies, handling of cases, introduction of the issues to the Local Council or to the KAS, project supervision and rescue excavations. The ongoing excavation at the Alonia Pontokomis site is remarkable., where residential remains of prehistoric and Hellenistic times are investigated. More than 1500 cases, were checked and more than 130.000 acres of land.
PPC MINES: They continued the 2021 the excavations in the expansion areas of PPC lignite mines, specifically in the Mavropigi mine, with very important findings, coming mainly from cemeteries dating back to the Early Iron Age (1100 e.g.) until the Byzantine years. The results of the research will be presented at this year's AEMTH, to be held again online. Apart from the excavations, recording works were carried out, maintenance, design, digital file organization, digitization of calendars, photos and drawings.
POLYFYTOS LAKE: The excavations in the artificial lake of Polyphytos continued. Part of a farmhouse of Hellenistic times was excavated at Platania Goulon as well as a Roman tomb with rich gifts.
- HIRINGS: In all the above excavations they were engaged in totality 340 individuals, various specialties, and this means not only hiring employees and reducing local and not only unemployment but also a very large administrative-accounting burden for the Service. Alongside, This year we also accepted students of various specialties from various Universities for an internship.
- SURFACE RESEARCH: A short program of surface research was carried out on undated dry stone castles, A short program of surface research was carried out on undated dry stone castles, A short program of surface research was carried out on undated dry stone castles. A short program of surface research was carried out on undated dry stone castles. Alongside, A short program of surface research was carried out on undated dry stone castles.
- A short program of surface research was carried out on undated dry stone castles: A short program of surface research was carried out on undated dry stone castles, A short program of surface research was carried out on undated dry stone castles, A short program of surface research was carried out on undated dry stone castles. A short program of surface research was carried out on undated dry stone castles, documents and photographs.
- EVENTS: Despite the difficulties of the pandemic, they continued 2021 the events by taking all measures. We participated in the nationwide program "Greece 21", as well as in the digital and live actions and events of the Ministry of Culture, such as: on International Museum Day (digital action entitled "Disease and treatment"), in celebration of the Full Moon of August (musical-theatrical performance "From love"), at the European Cultural Heritage Days – ΕΗΠΚ (educational action entitled "Beyond the" border "of Kapodistrias"), and European Conservation Days (actions for six days, in Siatista, Tsotili and Aiani with the general title "The diverse world of maintenance", in collaboration with the Municipality of Voio and the Church). At the same time, in collaboration with the Municipality of Kozani and the Art School of Kozani, we organized a triptych of theatrical performances at the museum and the archeological site of Aiani., with the general title "theater in situ". We welcomed the DIPETHE of Kozani at the Aiani Museum, with the theatrical performance "The cunning widow". We organized a painting exhibition in the mansion Gr. Vourka, in collaboration with the Art School of Kozani. Finally, we decorated the Christmas trees of the Archaeological Collection of Kozani and the Archaeological Museum of Aiani in collaboration with the Kozani Youth Initiative and the Sunbeam, in the first case, and with the Primary School of Aiani in the second.
- EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS: They continued, as long as this was allowed by the pandemic, the student tours of the Archaeological Museum of Aiani and the Mansion Gr. Vourka, in a total of six schools, while in another case there was an online tour.
- PROJECTION: A website of the Ephorate was designed, while the preliminary arrangements were made for the creation of promotional videos for the promotion of the Aiani museum and other areas under the jurisdiction of the Ephorate. We also came in contact with travel agencies from all over Greece, with the aim of integrating the area into tourist networks, with a one-day event, two-day or other excursions. Alongside, through texts written by archaeologists of the Ephorate, we proceeded to 25 systematic posts (January- June) on the Service page on facebook, on the Service page on facebook, on the Service page on facebook.
- on the Service page on facebook: on the Service page on facebook 2020 on the Service page on facebook, on the Service page on facebook. on the Service page on facebook, on the Service page on facebook.
- on the Service page on facebook: Material study permits were issued to scientists of various specialties, as well as photography and filming licenses to bodies outside the Ministry of Education. The organization of the central library of the Aiani museum continued with its enrichment with new books of archaeological content. We dealt with the archaeological cadastre, with expropriations of real estate for archaeological purposes, by drawing up security memoranda, with the certification of the two museums of the Ephorate, with the secretarial support and hosting of the Local Council of Monuments of Western Macedonia, And much more.
All the above, which in themselves constitute a huge workload, were implemented and 2021 under the shadow of the covid-19 pandemic, hence with many, special and unprecedented difficulties that have tired us all. We hope and wish that this whole situation we live in ends soon.
With this basic wish, we wish it 2022 to be a good and creative year for each of us individually and for our Ephorate, with health, personal and family happiness.
We warmly thank the Company Xanthopoulos Bros OE. for the sponsorship of the royal pie and the Papyrus bookstore for the book that was offered as a gift to this year's lucky winner.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, WITH HEALTH AND HAPPINESS!!!
For the Ephorate of Antiquities of Kozani
Areti Chondrogianni - Metoki
Head of EFA Kozani