Content of the book: The settlements of the enlarged Municipality of Voi recorded by the Hellenic Statistical Authority on 2011 constitute the content of the book.
Information for the presentation of each settlement is based primarily on archival material collected from the General Archives of the State-Kozani Archives. Regarding the education, I am quoting the information from my daughter "Apostolou Tania's" master's degree: Master thesis P.D.M 2015 "EDUCATION IN VOI PROVINCE (ASSELITIS) IN THE INTERWAR PERIOD"".
I received important information from the publication "Introduction to the Prefecture of Kozani" of the Association of Letters and Arts of the Municipality of Kozani and books about the settlements published by philistines and cultural associations.
Municipality of Voio: The Municipality of Voi with headquarters in Siatista and historic headquarters in Neapoli, population 18.386 residents, according to the housing population census the 2011, it is made up of the Municipal Unit of Askio with six local communities and the same number of settlements, the Municipal Community of Neapolis with 20 local communities with 26 inhabited settlements and Panagia Khorigou (it served as a children's camp site) with 0 residents, the Municipal community of Pentalofos with four local communities and the same number of inhabited settlements, the Municipal Unit of Siatista with three local communities and five inhabited settlements, one of which is the Dormition Monastery of the Theotokos Mikrokastro and the Municipal Unit of Tsotyli with 26 local communities and 35 inhabited settlements and two uninhabited Parochthion and Rokastron. Set of inhabited settlements 76, uninhabited 3.
Acting mayors of the Municipality of Voi: Panagiota Orfanidou – Papaconstantinou (2011-2014). Dimitrios Lambropoulos (2014-2019). Christos Zevklis (2019-…).
In general for Boio: The area of Voio is surrounded by the Askio and Voio mountains. The stone bridges are impressive, the stone schools, the stone-built houses.
The places of worship in each settlement are named, such as the monasteries of the Dormition of the Virgin in Mikrokastro, of Agia Triada in Vythos (1793), of the Metamorphosis in Dryovouno (1622), Agios Athanasios Zigovistis in Damaskinia (1629), Monastery of Agios Athanasios in Eratyra (1797). Holy Dormition Monastery in Sisani (1662).
Named after the bridges built by the Boios stones: Anthochoriou, Oak. Valley, Crimean, Morphis, Deri in Pentalofos, the Petrogefyro in Triada, Rodochori, Svolianis, Chrysaugis, Pelican.
According to the electoral roll of the Anaselitsis Sub-administration of the year 1915, seventeen (no. 17) settlements were inhabited by Muslims and thirteen settlements were mixed, it was inhabited by Muslims and Christians. Muslims were Greeks, they all spoke Greek and during the years of the Turkish occupation they converted (They became known as Valaades).
Intelligent people, worried, the place did not fit them, since the years of the Turkish occupation, they lived in Constantinople, America. There they establish Brotherhoods with the aim of educational and economic upgrading of the settlements, culminating in the establishment and operation of the Tsotyli high school (1873).
The benefactors of Shiatista are impressive, Trambatzis finances the high school of the same name, the Tsipos school of technical education, the Papageorgiou brothers, the current high school complex, clinic in Thessaloniki. Papanikolaou the music high school, Kakoulidis finances schools, Manousis the library.
In Pentalofos, the Karoutas family builds schools, public buildings.
One of the biggest bazaars during the Turkish occupation and after was that of Tsotiliou.
Today most residents settled in Kozani and mainly in Thessaloniki. They don't forget their place. They build bridges by establishing cultural associations, d-
they organize events in their villages giving joy to the few people who are left.
In the economic life an important place is occupied by the fur industry in Siatista, livestock, the cultivation of aromatic plants.
Contents of the book
1) Agiasma,the (Lovers) 2) Holy Savior,the (Svoliani) 3) Agioi Anargyroi,the (Brostiani) 4) Saint Theodoros,The (Tsarist) 5) Aidonochorion,the 6) Αλιάκμων,The (Bratinion, Paleurion) 7) I was blooming,the (Rezni) 8) Anthochorion,the (Tsaknochorion) 9) Axiocastron,the (Sourdanion) 10) Apidea,the (Loops,Silver) 11) Whiteness,the (Beauty) 12) Morning Star,The (Kostancikon) 13) Achladea,the (Mazgan, Pears) 14) Oak tree,the (Stamps) 15) Vouchorina,the (Bohorini) 16) Thunder,the (I was thundering) 17) Bottom,The (Trickster) 18) Galatini,the (Konjikon) 19) Sweet cherry,the (Tsiarapiani) 20) Damascene,the (Bedylucion) 21) Daphneron,the (Childbirth) 22) Laurel,the (Dramatically, Long sided) 23) Dilofon,the (Limpopo, Cliffside) 24) Dichiemaron,the (Reda) 25) Tearing,the (Sleepless) 26) Dryovounon,the (Dryanovon) 27) Eratyra,the (Selica, Poor house) 28) Zone,the (Zanchikon, Gerakochori) 29) Callistration,the 30) Kaloneri, the (Brongist) 31) Closure,the (Trapatustion) 32) Vine,the (Fragazzi) 33) Hollow,the (Chivalry) 34) Peak,the (Stock market) 35) Crimea,the 36) Cryonerion,the (Devla) 37) Lefkadi,the (Viniani) 38) Poplar,the (Sirotsiani) 39) Lefkothea,the (Houturion) 40) Lyknades,ai 41) Louvre,the 42) Lokoumion,the 43) Melidonion,the 44) Mediator,The (Mesologostion) 45) Microcastron,the (Chirusinon) 46) Mallow,the (Gnossion) 47) Form,the (Moirasani) 48) Νάματα,the (Piper) 49) Neapolis,the (A leftist) 50) Smooth,the (Plazoumi) 51) Paleokastro,the 52) Panareti,the 53) Pelican,The (Pelka) 54) Pentalofos,The (Zupanion, Petrovounos) 55) Melon,the (Lai) 56) Dove,the (Marticion) 57) Tile,the (Lampanitsa) 58) Platanias,the (Bubuchion) 59) Polykastanon,the (Clepistion) 60) Polylackon,the (Current) 61) Pylorion,the (Pylori) 62) Rodochorion,the (Radio station,Secretly) 63) Semantron,the (Lampanovon) 64) Siatista,the 65) Sisanion,the 66) Skalochorion,the (Skalohorion or Tsoukalochorion) 67) Crossroads,the (Counterfeit) 68) Cistern,the (Solomision) 69) Bank,the 70) Triad,the (Petsiani) 71) Tsotylion,the 72) Plantation,the 73) They were wintering,the (Vapes) 74) Sponsor,The (Choribon) 75) Χρυσαυγή,the (Fatal, Round) 76) MK Th. Mikrokastro 77) Panagia Horigou 78) Parochthion (Syngcolion) 79) Rocastron 80) Photos of Schools 81) Bibliography
1. "The contribution of the Western Macedonians in the Revolution of the Nation-March towards independence. For her celebration 25ης Of March". Kozani 2005.p.28
2. "Busts of statues Monuments of Kozani". Prefecture of Kozani. Kozani 2006 p.240
3. "The settlements of Anaselitsi in 1922". Municipality of Askio. Kozani 2006. p.102
4. "Western Macedonia 1912-1915". Sporting- Cultural Association of Milea (Mylotin) Kozani "THE PROGRESSIVE" Kozani 2009. p.160
5. "Western Macedonia 1916-1917". Grevena 2009. p.160.
6. "Exarch of Grevena". Educational-Landscaping- Cultural Association of Exarch of Grevena "O BOURINOS". Exarchos of Grevena 2011 p.304
7.1The Primary School of Kozani-G. Kontari 1900-2011. Kozani 2011 p.207.
8. 17The Primary School of Kozani 1987-2011. Kozani 2011. σ. 106
9. "Paleokastron Kozani". Educational- Landscaping-Cultural Association of Exarch of Grevena "O BOURINOS". Paleokastron Kozani 2014.p.96
10. "Settlements of Grevena" Kozani 2018 p.386
11.Dafneron Kozani Kozani 2022 p.118
12.Settlements of the Municipality of Kozani Kozani 2022 p.226
13.Settlements of Municipalities of Serbia-Kozani Kozani 2022 p.176
14. Settlements of the Municipality of Eordea-Kozani Kozani 2022 p.146
15.Settlements of the Municipality of Voio Kozani Kozani 2022 σ. 336
16. BOURINOS Magazine. Educational-Landscaping- Cultural Association of Exarch of Grevena "O BOURINOS". Exarch of Grevena.
Publishing Curator, president of the association: 1The Issue 2009 p.64, 2The Issue 2010 p.80, 3The Issue 2011 p.80, 4The Issue 2012 p.96, 5The Issue 2013 p.160, 6The Issue 2014 p.96