The double competition for the new two-year maintenance of the Egnatia Odos network takes its first extension. According to information from ypodomes.com, the competitions were moved to 6 May, due to the suspension given to the competitions, because of the competition, until the end of the month. If the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport does not extend this date, then no new transfer will be required and both competitions will take place normally.
The financing of the project comes from the resources of PDE. Initially the two competitions were to take place on 23 April and the opening of tenders on 30 April.
The contract includes the maintenance and operation of the main axis and its perpendiculars, for two years from the signing of the contract. The two tenders have a total estimated cost of 140 million euros (amount including VAT, amount without VAT 112.9 million euros). Remember that for the current two years the maintenance work has been undertaken by ΑΚΤΩΡ. According to secure information, existing contracts are expected to be extended until the new tenders are completed and the new contractors take over.
The first competition includes the eastern part of Egnatia, from the Key of Imathia to the Gardens of Evros and three vertical axes. Thessaloniki-Evzoni and Thessaloniki-Promachonas and Komotini-Borders. The maintenance-operating cost is estimated at 65 million euros (amount including VAT, amount without VAT 52.41 million euros).
The second competition includes the western part of Egnatia, from Igoumenitsa to the Key of Imathia and the vertical axis Siatista-Krystallopigi. The maintenance-operating cost here has been estimated at 75m euros (amount including VAT, amount without VAT 60.48m euros). The aim is for the contracts to be signed as soon as possible, that is, until next Autumn.
IDENTITY OF THE WORKS
The first project concerns maintenance, operation and improvement of all civil engineering and E / M installations of the highway and its vertical axes - open road construction and tunnels in the following sections:
- section of the Egnatia Odos (motorway A2) from the Level Junction (Α / Κ) 17 Key (ΧΘ: 289) until before the Garden Customs (ΧΘ: 657,7), length approximately 368,7 km,
- on the vertical axis of the Egnatia Odos, «A / K Axiou / Chalastra - Evzoni Border Station » (highway A1) of Egnatia Odos, from the Fund 19 Axiou / Chalastra (ΧΘ: 0 / 485 PATHE) up to I / K Eidomeni (ΧΘ: 59,9 / ΧΘ ΠΑΘΕ: 544,9, not including I / K Eidomeni),
- on the Vertical Axis "A / K Lagada - Promachonas Border Station" (A25 motorway - total length approx 95,5 km) of Egnatia Odos, from the Fund 24 Dingle (ΧΘ: 0) up to I / K in CHT: 95,5, before the Border Station (Σ.Σ.) Bastion,
- on the vertical axis of the Egnatia Odos "Komotini - Nymfaia - Greek-Bulgarian Border" (road axis A23 - total length approx 21,9 km) of Egnatia Odos, from I / K Komotini (ΧΘ: 0) up to the Greek-Bulgarian Border (ΧΘ: 21,9).
THE WESTERN SECTION
The second project concerns maintenance, operation and improvement of all civil engineering and E / M installations of the highway, and its vertical axes - open road construction and tunnels, in the following sections:
- section of the Egnatia Odos (motorway A2) from the exit of the port of Igoumenitsa (ΧΘ: 0) up to the Level Junction (Α / Κ) 17 Key (ΧΘ: 289), length approximately 289 km,
- on the vertical axis of the Egnatia Odos, «Α / Κ Δυτ. Siatistas - Koromilia - Krystallopigi Border Station » (A29 motorway - total length approx 69,2 km) from A / K 9B West. Siatistas (ΧΘ: 0) to K / K Krystallopigi in CH: 69,2 (before the Border Station (Σ.Σ.) Krystallopigi).