The information platform of the "National Electronic Beekeeping Register" has been put into operation as the relevant ministerial decision was published in the Government Gazette.
Purpose of the Register, as broadcast by the Athenian News Agency, isthe introduction of a single digital recording system, the inventory and identification of beekeepers, of the beekeeping holdings and the beekeeping capital of the country.
In that decision, signed by the Deputy Minister of Rural Development and Food, Bright Arabatzi, are described, including, the competent authorities that will coordinate and monitor the operation of the Register but also the privileges that an active beekeeper will have, such as the issuance of the individual beekeeping identity.
Specifically, Competent authorities are the Directorate of Animal Husbandry Systems of the General Directorate of Agriculture of the Ministry of Rural Development and Food, through the Department of Beekeeping, Sericulture and Other Animal Organisms but also the Directorate of e-Government of the General Directorate of Administrative Services and e-Government of the Ministry of Agriculture., through the Data Center Management Department, Networks and Databases.
Registration can be done by any natural person or legal entity under public or private law that has within the Greek Territory, as exclusively master, nominee and holder, cells.
These should include Apis mellifera bee colonies, used for the production of honey and / or other beekeeping products or for the production of bee reproductive material or for the production of offshoots, or contribute to the pollination of native and / or cultivated vegetation.
According to the decision, Occupied hives must have a 'prosperous population covering at least five frames of honeycomb surfaces', have frames - honeycombs with cells full of pollen, frames with cells with sealed honey, healthy brood and cells with food, to meet the needs of bees and are maintained within the Greek Territory, in the possession of a natural or legal person governed by public or private law ". It is noted that the occupied cells and the changes in their number are declared in the Register.
End, the prosperous man population in a small hive (branch) it is necessary to cover the surfaces of honeycombs of at least two frames, to have a good quality queen that lays normally, the offspring produced should cover at least half the surface of each of the two honeycombs and be able to, with proper handling, to evolve into a normal cell.
Registration in the Register, is mandatory for every beekeeper, natural or legal person under public or private law, which maintains within the Greek territory at least five hives, as the sole owner, nominee and holder thereof, while the registration of beekeepers who own less than five hives is optional.
There are many privileges that can be enjoyed by a beekeeper who registers in the Register as described in the decision. These include:
- the standardization, packaging and marketing of honey and other beekeeping products it produces, like pollen, royal jelly, candle, propolis and poison, in accordance with the provisions in force
- the direct sale of small quantities of honey to the final consumer or to the local retail stores that supply directly to the final consumer, in accordance with the provisions in force
- the acquisition of a producer license for the marketing of its products of approx. a in a public market
- the production and distribution of home-made food with honey, in accordance with the provisions in force
- the marketing and distribution of produced offspring and the generally produced genetic - reproductive material,
- the transfer of occupied cells, of offshoots, of genetic - reproductive material, of beekeeping equipment, of empty cells, beekeeping and generally any species necessary for the exercise of beekeeping activity
- the acquisition of a beekeeping truck for private use (ΦΙΧ), in accordance with the provisions in force
- the maintenance of agricultural - beekeeping warehouse and / or beekeeping laboratory, in accordance with applicable urban planning regulations
- the possibility of joining the actions of the Rural Development Program, in the actions of the Program for the Improvement of the General Conditions of Production and Marketing of Beekeeping Products, to the Beekeeping Enhancement Scheme in the Small Aegean Islands and in general to every national and EU measure of support and reinforcement of the agricultural sector and the beekeeping sector
- the insurance in the Hellenic Agricultural Insurance Organization (ELGA) and compensation in cases of natural disasters or adverse weather conditions,
- compensation in cases of veterinary livestock consolidation measures concerning beekeeping and
- participation in pollination programs for native or cultivated vegetation or in rental procedures of occupied hives, in order to promote the pollination of cultivated areas.
See here the relevant ministerial decision in detail.
Leave a Reply