Meeting of the Environment Committee of Western Macedonia.
It met on Thursday 18/2/2021 the Environment Committee of the Regional Council of Western Macedonia. The items on the agenda were as follows:
- Information - discussion on the posting of forest maps.
- Μ.Π.Ε. of the project: "Sewage treatment plant in the settlement of Kostarazi in the Municipality of Argos Orestiko, with project operator: MUNICIPALITY OF ARGOS ORESTIKO.
- Μ.Π.Ε. of the project: «Photovoltaic Power Station 40 MWp at the location "Avlos" of the Municipality of Kastoria, with project operator: SKGR PV11 SOLE SHAREHOLDER PRIVATE CAPITAL COMPANY.
- Μ.Π.Ε. of the project: «Photovoltaic Power Park 10,1736 MWp in no. 419Plot of land in the location "Sidera" of the Municipality of Kozani, with project operator: MAXIMUS TERRA PHOTOVOLTAICS SOLE SHAREHOLDER SA.
- Μ.Π.Ε. of the project: «Photovoltaic Power Park 25,812 MWp in no. 419D plot in the place "Sidera" of T.K.. Blacksmiths of the Municipality of Kozani, with a body of the project or activity: MAXIMUS TERRA PHOTOVOLTAICS SOLE SHAREHOLDER SA.
- Μ.Π.Ε. of the project: "Photovoltaic Power Park 31,939 MWp at the location "Livera" of the Municipality of Kozani, with project operator: MAXIMUS TERRA PHOTOVOLTAICS SOLE SHAREHOLDER SA.
- Μ.Π.Ε. of the project: «Photovoltaic Power Station 60 MWp at the location "Mastos" of the Municipality of Eordea, with project operator: SKGR PV13 SOLE SHAREHOLDER PRIVATE CAPITAL COMPANY.
An important finding once again was the anarchic expansion of large PV plant installations, without a plan and with a large concentration mainly in grasslands. Especially in the area of Sideron - Liveron, already from the issues, an array of parks is found. Having an image of RAE maps, it is immediately apparent that almost all areas, mainly grasslands, have already been covered without taking into account the Local Community, which strongly expresses its objections.
In this logic and to be placed after decisions of his collective bodies D.. Εορδαίας, it was decided the postponement of the issue 7, at the request of the Mayor Mr.. Panagiotis Plakentas.
For the remaining PV parks, the Commission, citing the decision of the Regional Council to suspend all licensing procedures and implementation of RES infrastructure until:
- The completion of the Regional Framework for Spatial Planning and Sustainable Development of Western Macedonia
- The completion of the Special Spatial Framework for Renewable Energy Sources.
- The institutionalization of the decisive role of the Regional and Municipal Councils regarding the RES facilities. in the Region of Western Macedonia,
- The institution of change and strong rewards, so that the development of RES investments. in Western Macedonia to make a decisive contribution to the greening of the Region and its economy, in terms of job creation, income and environmental values.
- Ensuring the priority and strengthening of RES investments by local investors.
He gave a negative opinion, also referring to the agency's comments on the shortcomings of the studies, the need to approve management plans for grazing land, to take into account the grazing capacity and the grazing of a wider area during the elaboration of the respective projects and finally in the saturated networks of Kastoria and Grevena that prevent small local investments for example even the PV roof.
In contrast to the above issues, The EIA of the wastewater treatment plant in Kostarazi, Argos Orestiko was voted unanimously positively as an infrastructure which is by definition in the direction of Environmental protection, even using pioneering filter devices.
From the Office of the Deputy Regional Energy, Infrastructure & Environment.