For your child, the world is full of interesting things, which he must acquire. Add to that the influence of ads, των συνομηλίκων του και το γεγονός ότι μπορεί να μην είναι σε θέση να κατανοήσει ότι κάτι δεν του κάνει καλό ή ότι είναι σπατάλη χρημάτωνκαι θα καταλάβετε καλύτερα γιατί το μικρό σας μπορεί να γίνει τόσο ενοχλητικό κι επίμονο όταν θέλει κάτι.
This combination can lead the child to insist on you, again and again, same thing - "I can have a lollipop;», "I want the game!», "Please, please!». His persistence can make you tired. It may even put you in an awkward position - for example, to be in financial trouble and to be asked to answer “Why can’t we buy this toy;». In addition, It is often difficult to say "no" when you know that something will bring your child immediate pleasure and at the same time immediate relief from repeated requests., irritability or anger.
However, if you take to the child what he so persistently asks of you, you teach him that this behavior works and he will continue to have it.
Of course, asking your little one for things is not always annoying and the way you respond to your children's requests teaches them important lessons about how to influence, negotiation and communication.
How to prevent the child's persistence
*Define some basic rules before you go shopping. Talk to your child about the behavior you expect and how you will respond to any whining and persistence..
*Reward your child when he or she behaves properly. Give him positive attention, so that he knows that you have noticed that it does not bother you. For example, "I'm very proud of how you helped me shop and did not ask for things we can not get".
*Offer good rewards for his good behavior. For example, "If we do our shopping without asking for things, we will stop in the park on the way home ".
*Keep in mind that the more ads your child sees, the more he will want these products. Talk to him about advertising and smart shopping.
*Λάβετε αποφάσεις ως οικογένεια σχετικά με το τι θα αγοράσετε. You can remind your child of these decisions when shopping. For example, "Do you remember that we decided not to buy soft drinks for a while; This way we all take better care of our teeth ".
How to deal with the child's persistence
If the child becomes annoyed with his persistence or tries to make you buy things with whining or threats, you can try the following:
- Remind your child of the basic rules you discussed.
- Let him know what you will not consider his request until he uses the right means of communication. For example, you could say “John, speak nicely "or" Think about how you ask me this question ".
- Do not say "yes" or "no" until you are satisfied with the way something was asked of you.
- When you say 'no», stay true to it. If you refuse then retreat, your child receives the message that whining can work to get what he wants.
- Acknowledge your child's frustration if you have said "no". For example, "I can see that you really wanted these croissants. But we have already got enough delicacies today ". Συζητήσεις σαν αυτές στέλνουν ένα μήνυμα ενσυναίσθησης και μπορούν να βοηθήσουν εσάς και το παιδί σας να ενισχύσετε τη σχέση σας αντί να τσακωθείτε.
- After you say "no", try to distract your child with something else. For example, "We need oranges. Can you help me find them?;»
- Stay calm when the child becomes annoying. Ask him out well if he is no longer absorbed in the connection, count to 10 and answer him.