At 21 & 22 November 2020 is organized on FOSSCOMM 2020, the largest annual conference of open source software and technologies in Greece. This year's FOSSCOMM is conducted online and organized by the University of Western Macedonia.
H Fosscomm is organized by the Greek Free and Open Source communities in a different city each year, and communities participate in it, developers and companies dealing with Open Technologies. Every year more than 800 delegates. So far they have been organized in total 12 Fosscomm conferences starting with 2008 in Athens, Larissa, Thessaloniki, Patras, Serres, Athena, Ghoul, Athena, Piraeus , Athens Heraklion and Lamia respectively.
This year Fosscomm will be held online at 21 and 22 November, and will include over 40 lectures and workshops (workshops) in Open Source issues, Open content, Open data, Open technologies, Open design and Open licenses. They will be collected online, members of the academic community, the space of the commons, open source communities, European agencies, open technology communities, companies that provide open source services and those who are or are interested in dealing with open source and open technologies.
During this year's FOSSCOMM you will have the opportunity to attend talks on topics such as:
- The new open source software strategy of the European Commission by Evangelos Tsavalopoulos ( Head of the Open Source Program Office (OSPO) of the European Commission)
- The role of Free Software during the Pandemic and the importance of free software licensed by the State, by Alexander Sander ( FSFE EU Policy Manager)
- The role of Open Source in Government policy by Sivan Pätsch (Research Director at Open Forum Europe)
- The 10 Libreoffice years and its role in user freedom by Italo Vignoli (Founding member of The Document Foundation, head of the Associazione LibreItalia, and a member of the Open Source Initiative (OSI))
- The open hardware project Epidose by Diomidis Spinelli (President of the Open Technologies Organization – AOP Professor)
- The presentation of open technology projects from schools distinguished in Panhellenic Competition of Open Technologies in Education
- And dozens of other Open Source issues, Open content, Open data, Open technologies, Open design and Open licenses
See her FOSSCOMM website 2020