The slogan "a new beginning with society", elected by the president of SYRIZA, Alexis Tsipras, to unfold the SYRIZA government program, from the podium of the Vellideio Conference Center, in the context of the 85th Thessaloniki International Fair.
The spearhead in Mr.'s speech. Alexis Tsipras were his party's proposals to support the middle class, while emphasizing the modernization of the state, promising the abolition of the staff state of Kyriakos Mitsotakis, which, he argued, failed miserably and is a source of squandering public money.
During his speech to the productive bodies, the president of SYRIZA pledged to increase the minimum wage in 800 euro, when his party takes over the government of the country.
Alongside, the SYRIZA program analyzed by Mr.. Tsipras predicts part of the private debt created during the pandemic for individuals, businesses and farmers, as well as the abolition of the Bankruptcy Code.
In the speech of Mr.. Tsipras had a special place in his proposals for young people, that their dreams, as he said, "They do not need Megabytes and pocket money to flourish, but a country that cares about them, supports them, gives them perspective and ambition to live and create in their place ".
The abolition of the executive state
Mr.. Tsipras pledged that "the progressive government that will emerge from SYRIZA's victory in the next elections, will not be the government of one party», speaking of a new democratic model of governance "that will inspire security in the citizen, aimed at durability, stability, predictability».
«Rest assured that we are ready and determined to take on the burden of responsibility againConcluded Mr.. Tsipras in his speech, "Programmatically ready, more experienced and more mature, determined and aware of our responsibility ".
Referring to the institutional reforms in the State, the SYRIZA plan is briefly summarized in the following axes:
- We repeal the Law on the alleged staff state of Mr. Mitsotakis, whose painful results were proved in this year's catastrophic fires.
- We are abolishing the costly and inefficient Presidency of the Government. In its place, a simple and functional scheme is created at the level of the Prime Minister's office, in the model of advanced European countries.
- We proceed to the substantial and comprehensive de-partisanization of the State. Cutting the umbilical cord of transferable employees.
- We abolish, the unacceptable regulations of the current government for the possibility of placing transferees in positions of the permanent administrative hierarchy. Ministries will cease to be the manor of party armies.
- We abolish, also, the exorbitant and scandalous rewards of the so-called goldenboys in public utilities.
We establish the Unified Civil Protection Authority. Proposal formed on the basis of the Goldammer finding on forest fires.
- We are creating a National Security Council.
- We are moving towards a deep and substantial democratization of the Security Forces. The election of the leadership of ELAS is made by the conference of the Speakers of the Parliament. All recruitments in the Security Forces are carried out only through ASEP and nationwide examinations.
- We establish the meritocratic choice of administrations of Hospitals and other critical structures of the welfare state through open and objective procedures.
- We end with the "custom" of selecting failed citizens for the management of hospitals.
- We are essentially strengthening the Local Government, in the context of our policy of aiming for a decentralized state next to the citizen.
- We delegate responsibilities of the welfare state to Municipalities and Development responsibilities to the Regions.
We strengthen ASEP in infrastructure and staff.
- We are proceeding with the implementation of a holistic plan for the digital transformation of the public sector, with emphasis on the simultaneous simplification of procedures, to address the digitization of the bureaucracy and the client state, observed today.
- We promote pluralism in information guided by a modern and competitive public television.
- We elect the Management of ERT and APE from the conference of the Speakers of the Parliament and we return their responsibility to the competent ministries.
- We are moving forward, end, in a new institutional framework for transparency and control of the validity of public opinion polls.
The plan for a new NSS
Alexis Tsipras also presented SYRIZA's plan for the new NSS, as he said, will respect the priorities and limits of each citizen and will treat each patient according to his needs and not according to his wallet.
It also proposes a salary for the first-time doctor in 2.000 euro and the inclusion of health workers in the status of the heavy and unhealthy.
Analytically, SYRIZA's plan provides for the following interventions
- Increase of the NSS financing by two billion. euros from the state budget and an additional one billion from the resources of the Recovery Fund. With a four-year perspective to approach the European average in health expenditure, that is in 7% of GDP.
- Restructuring of the salary of the medical staff, to fight the braindrain, with the imported salary for the first appointed doctor in 2.000 euro. And a corresponding adjustment to the other steps.
- Immediate recruitment 5.500 permanent health care in place of those who left the system in the last year and a half without being replaced.
- Recruitment in addition 10.000 permanent health care for a period of three years.
- Permanence in the NSS of all the medical staff that gave and is giving the battle of the pandemic.
- Integration of health workers in the regime of the heavy and unhealthy.
- Reinforcement of primary care by tripling TOMY structures.
- From the 127 operating today go to 380 across the country.
- Consolidation of the institution of the family doctor throughout the territory and for all citizens.
- Operation per municipality of Multipurpose Health Centers.
"Bold democratic reform in Education"
Mr.. Tsipras characterized Education as equally critical, talking about a "new beginning", a bold Democratic Reform, aiming for a strong Public School, and a high-level Public University, open to those young people who have the ability to learn and a strong will for knowledge.
The reform proposed by SYRIZA provides, among other things:
- The introduction of fourteen-year compulsory education.
- The immediate additional reinforcement with 000 appointments of teachers and teachers of primary and secondary education.
- The introduction of an automatic recruitment clause, so that a teacher is automatically appointed for everyone who retires.
- The four-year doubling of university funding.
- The doubling in four years, of the number of faculty members, with 2000 appointments per year.
- The Formulation of a National Student Housing Plan.
- The radical upgrade of the High School Diploma, with simultaneous remodeling of the program, so that in the C Lyceum fewer lessons are taught more hours.
- The restoration of the system of introduction of the "green" and "red" schools that we had already legislated but was not implemented, and provides the possibility of free access to the University only with the acquisition of the diploma.
- The operation of the Two-Year Curricula, where the graduates of EPAL will be admitted without exams, will provide a professional certificate of European specifications, and will operate in collaboration with local producers.
- Abolition of the Minimum Admission Base and the university police.
"Minimum salary in 800 euro"
During his speech to the productive bodies at the Vellideio Conference Center, The president of SYRIZA promised to increase the minimum wage to 800 euro, "The first day" when his party takes over the government of the country.
The first work-related legislative interventions that are already ready, as Mr.. Tsipras, is:
- We repeal the Hatzidakis Law that abolishes the eight-hour work and institutes unpaid overtime
- We are establishing a strong system of collective bargaining.
- We restore and extend the Collective Bargaining Agreements
- We restore the valid reason for dismissal
- We are strengthening the Labor Inspectorate again
- We restore the Constitutional right to unilateral recourse to arbitration
- We regulate telework.
- We convert indefinitely the contracts of those who work with blocks and constantly renewed fixed-term contracts
- We reduce the limit of overtime and abolish the institution of overtime
- We are restoring and institutionalizing the right to strike.
- We apply the pilot at 35 hours, without pay reduction and with compensations for reduction of non-wage costs for whichever companies choose it.
- We support community service programs in the public sector.
- We proceed immediately to a special braingain program, by boosting employment for 50.000 young scientists of duration 24 months, with increased fees.
- We immediately implement a community service program for 100.000 employees, with emphasis on women, duration 12 months, with parallel training and retraining.
- End, we recognize invisible employees on platforms as employees with dependent work, giving them rights to a guaranteed salary, opening hours and security.
"The numbers are thriving, people are unhappy "
Referring to the Economy, Alexis Tsipras spoke about a model of "oligarchic capitalism imposed on the country by Mr.. Mitsotakis and his sponsors ".
«Lately numbers seem to be prospering but people are unhappy. The magnitude of the recovery in no way rests in the pocket of the vast majority of small and medium-sized, of the self-employed and employees, who have seen their purchasing power decline rapidly from an unprecedented wave of accuracyHe stressed.
He pointed out the need for a new productive model, which will stimulate domestic production and address the huge trade deficit, that is, the fact that we import more and more products compared to what we export.
The banking industry
Alexis Tsipras also spoke about a process of violent de-Hellenization of important sources of wealth in our country in all areas of business and economic life., as "have already transferred their loans to funds that sell the assets of heavily indebted Greek companies with a significant profit margin, usually to foreign investors».
«So we proceed immediately to interventions aimed at addressing this problem, with the reorganization of the Banking sector, and restoring the financial system to its natural role, that is, to that of the main financier of the economy».
Private debt and accuracy
For business and household debts, Mr.. Tsipras stated that the first interventions will concern:
- Write-off of part of the private debt created during the pandemic for individuals, businesses and farmers.
- Abolition of the Mitsotakis Bankruptcy Code.
- Permanent holistic framework for managing private debt.
- Protection of the first home and rural land.
Regarding the new wave of accuracy that is already sweeping businesses and households, Mr. Tsipras mentioned:
- We proceed to a radical reduction of the Excise Tax on heating oil, traffic, as well as in gasoline, within the EU thresholds. That is, reduction 20% for diesel. Reduction 50% for gasoline. Reduction 93% – almost suspension – for heating oil.
- We are regulating the energy market by the Energy Regulatory Authority and the Competition Commission, to stop cartel speculation and reduce tariffs.
- We are restoring the social tariff, we drastically reduce PPC bills for ordinary households.
- We extend the heating allowance, especially in Northern Greece and in the mountainous areas, due to the colder and longer winter.
- We abolish the solidarity contribution for all those who have an annual income of up to 40.000 euro.
- We abolish the performance fee for everyone regardless of profession.
- We Provide Emergency Income to all producers who have lost their means of income from the fires.
- We are settling the debts that were created during the crisis and especially in the fire-affected areas.
- We provide Emergency Income to the breeders of mountainous and island areas for the purchase of feed and agricultural supplies.
- We provide special aid to deal with the increase in the price of agricultural electricity
- We return the Special Consumption Tax to the farmers for the diesel.
- We take special measures to protect our national products against counterfeiting and Hellenization.