Health protocols rubber and individual responsibility the "quarantine" for workers in large workplaces that become outbreaks of the virus under the responsibility of the state and employers !
The government in a lockdown situation once again shakes the finger at the workers and hides the criminal responsibilities behind the "individual responsibility". It is inadmissible, so many months after the outbreak of the pandemic, the government has not shielded the Health system, να μη γίνονται διαγνωστικά τεστ στους εργαζόμενους, να περιορίζει τα τακτικά χειρουργεία και να έχει μετατρέψει τα νοσοκομεία σε νοσοκομεία της μίας νόσου. It was also inadmissible to open schools without taking measures to operate classrooms with fewer students, without the necessary teachers, without cleaners and commentators.
With their attitude the employers and the government, proved, in the most cynical way, that our life, our health, our families are counted as far as profits are not affected, the turnover of business groups. The very events that workers in the workplace have experienced and continue to experience throughout this period of the pandemic are characteristic.
A series of incidents in the workplace demonstrate the criminal state and employer responsibility that is skillfully hidden here and 8 months of pandemic behind the infamous individual!
A typical example is what happened a few days ago at IPTO where a colleague who had close contact with a confirmed case, that is - to speak the language of EODY - remained indoors, in the distance < 1,5 meter and for ≥ 15 minutes using a simple mask, was not quarantined but only the molecular test was performed. Based on the confirmed case management protocol, this contact is characterized as "high risk" and therefore the colleague should be quarantined for 14 days.
The colleague underwent the molecular diagnostic test three 24 hours after the contact he had with the confirmed case - he was immediately found negative and asked to return to work the next day.!!!! Here keep in mind that based on scientific data the incubation time of the virus is 5-7 days. Commonly, the colleague may be positive or show symptoms up to 10 days after the contact he had. This is also the meaning of their preventive quarantine 14 days set by EODY for high risk contacts.
It should be noted that the diagnostic test of the colleagues was done by a private diagnostic center with which IPTO has obviously concluded a contract.. Να πώς μπουκώνει με χρήμα ο ιδιωτικός τομέας Υγείας σε μια φάση που το δημόσιο σύστημα υγείας βρίσκεται σε κατάσταση πολέμου.
What actually happened is a clear demonstration of how health protocols turn into scrap paper when, above all, the economy comes into play and in this case the profits of companies in the energy sector.. This goal is served by the government of ND.
Το ΣΕΕΕΝ καταγγέλλει τα ελλιπή μέτρα προστασίας όλων των εργαζομένων στους χώρους δουλειάς και τα «τρύπια» υγειονομικά πρωτόκολλα!
WE DEMAND HERE AND NOW:
- Repeated tests on all workers at stations and mines regardless of employment relationship (permanent, contractors 8minites) under the responsibility of PPC SA, of IPTO of HEDNO. Strict adherence to health protocols.
- Provide special purpose paid leave for those workers who need to stay home either to care for children or patients or for measures to deal with the pandemic ( e.g. closing buildings for disinfection).
- Removal of vulnerable groups from workplaces without any change in their working conditions. Measures to maintain distances at workplaces and offices in PPC SA- HEDNO-IPTO. Operation of health and safety committees in the workplace.
- Providing all necessary means of protection to employees under the sole responsibility of the employer and the state. Essential measures to protect workers.
- Immediate recruitment of permanent staff, full and exclusive employment in hospitals, health centres, EKAB, ICUs and laboratories. Open now all the health structures that were closed in the previous years. Permanent staff.
- Real demand from the private sector.
- Coverage of all mines and stations with the necessary health personnel with permanent and stable work for the operation 24 hours a day of each doctor's office.
- Ensuring a low occupancy rate for the safety of workers on the means of transporting workers to and from mines and stations.